Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Polls

What is your favorite social media platform?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New choir director takes the stage

Keith Turner
Director Timothy Delnay in front of screen directing Sep. 8, 2023

New choir director Timothy Delnay started teaching the music theory and choir classes at Superior High School at the start of the 2023-2024 school year. He has plans of continuing the legacy of what the previous director, Jennifer Robbins, started and expanding on the knowledge already taught. 

Delnay plans on making the high school and middle school choir programs closer, making it easier for middle school students to crossover to high school choir.

“I’ve talked with Rylee Newton, the middle school choir director. We are really excited to build our programs together, and to build a bridge from the middle school choir to the high school choir,” Delnay said. 

Delnay plans to incorporate a show choir into the program eventually.

“I do really enjoy show choir so maybe coming down the line, that might be something in future years,” Delnay said.

As he brings a new perspective to the choir with new standards for the choir he is doing his best to adapt to the new space.

I interviewed Senior Alaina Edge about Delnay’s teaching style.

“He’s doing his best to adapt to teaching so many different people, and he’s trying to make it fun in the process which is hard to do as a teacher. He’s bringing a lot of hard work for us,” Edge said.

Fellow music teacher, Amy Eichers, believes he has a positive attitude towards music and teaching, and would be willing to do more collaborations with the other music departments.

View Comments (1)