Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Greta Stephenson: The Outgoing Math Teacher

Teagan Eisenach
Math teacher Greta Stephenson poses with a protractor in the cafeteria on May 1. She has always loved helping others with math.

Math teacher Greta Stephenson has been a teacher for two years. Stephenson became a math teacher because she was very passionate about math growing up and always loving helping her peers with math. 

“Students are probably the best part of my day. I love building relationships and getting to know students on a personal level,” Stephenson said.

Stephenson makes sure that she listens to what students have to say because all students have different backgrounds and needs, and she makes sure that she meets those needs when possible. She tries to support her students as best as she can so that they are able to pass her class. She is always able to flex her schedule to help students.

“I really enjoy having her as a teacher. She is super helpful and if I need help in that class she is always willing to help,” sophomore Taylor Johnstad said. 

Not only has Johnstad noticed Stephenson’s joy in helping out her students and colleagues, but other students have also noticed the impact that she has on her students. They see how willing she is to treat people fairly and give them a chance while also making time in her own day to support them. She ensures that everyone feels that they belong and that they know what they are doing in her class.