Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Polls

What is your favorite social media platform?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Contractors Build New Bathrooms

+From+left%2C+juniors+Jayden+Gunnarson%2C+Emma+Ferg%2C+Karlie+Grozdanich%2C+shows+how+the+new+faucets+on+the+second+floor+located+in+the+hallway+are+put+to+use.
Mariah Miller
From left, juniors Jayden Gunnarson, Emma Ferg, Karlie Grozdanich, shows how the new faucets on the second floor located in the hallway are put to use.

Over the summer, Architectural Resources Inc. staff, contractors, and architects, along with the School District of Superior’s custodial staff oversaw the creation of 6 new bathrooms, and 15 new faucets on the second and third floor, allowing students and staff to use the bathrooms more efficiently. 

Daniel Horst is the SHS buildings and ground supervisor. Working in this project, Horst stays involved with the architect and contractors, along with scheduling contractors which allows for work to be done.

“They bring in an architect team who is gonna come in and design to fit the space so all things in those bathrooms are made to fit ADA compliance and meet the needs of the students,” Horst said.

With the new layout and added bathrooms, Dean of Students Barb Mattlack agreed that the bathrooms have presented the school with many improvements such as the tardies shown in class that have gone down.

“Because of the congestion in the bathrooms by the student population then which created students being tardy to their classes, having to leave classrooms to use bathrooms because there wasn’t enough access throughout the day,” Mattlack said.

The additional bathrooms across the second and third floors have made impacts on those who use them. Junior Addison Olson describes how the bathrooms have impacted her and her peers.

“There is not a line every five minutes and people are coming in less late, not due to bathroom reasons and there’s more stalls and that is very nice,” Olson said. 

Students and staff have access to the new bathrooms any time during the school day and allows them to get to class in a timely manner.

View Comments (1)