Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Polls

What is your favorite social media platform?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Juniors venture out for Career Days

Caitlin Knoll
Career day students taking a look around Northern News Now main Newsroom.

On Tuesday, September 26, students got a chance to visit UWS, Northern News Now, and Fond du Lac College for a Career day. Those who are interested in the arts, A/V, and Communication got the chance to speak to people about the arts, A/V, and communication.

The day started off with a meeting in the commons. The meeting was led by members of SWIM Creative. This is an agency that designs logos for a lot of local businesses. They can also help market your business. 

The leader of this event was senior project coordinator, and teacher Caitlin Knoll. 

“If there is an open spot still, sometimes like a Senior or a Sophomore can kind of tag along. For the most part, they are trips for Juniors,” said Knoll. 

Senior Alex Lane attended this career day. Her favorite areas were UWS and Northern News Now. Her favorite speaker was Brent Notbohm, Film Director for UWS. 

“That was really cool. Like you got to see the newsroom and that was really interesting,” Lane said.

Many people have had a great time during these career days, another being Junior Alexis Rugg.

“Everything was more focused around our interests rather than a set curriculum,” Rugg stated. 

Rugg also said that Northern News Now was her personal favorite. 

“We got to see how they set up all the TV stations,” was Rugg’s reason.

There are many more scheduled career days this year, all for different careers. Keep checking your announcements for more information daily.