Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Your story is our story

The Spartan Spin

Polls

What is your favorite social media platform?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sparty the Spartan let down

Lily Holmquist
Sparty poses with cheerleaders on the track at Superior High School’s ‘Tackle Cancer’ football game. Sept. 8, 2023.

On Sept. 6, 2023, auditions for Sparty the Spartan were held by athletics director Ella Olson. With no one signed up for auditions, Olson pulled in students headed to their athletics practices. To get others outside of sports interested in the auditions, Olson reached out to director Amber Gilbert, in hopes for theater students to join the effort.

Gilbert asked theater students through a post in her Google Classroom to audition for performing as Sparty. With many sports, such as football, volleyball, basketball, and more, Olson requires numerous students to participate. Sparty is a part of most, if not all home sporting events, there to hype up the student sections. With a large number of students ready to perform as Sparty, this helps to guarantee Sparty is available for all home games.

On Superior High School’s Instagram page, a promotional video was made by Olson and the football team. Any students with a talent of hyping up a crowd, bringing in some Spartan pride to events, and high energy are strongly encouraged to apply here.

View Comments (1)