Girls soccer kicks off

Submitted by PhiYen Vo

The Girls JV soccer team poses for a photo. The JV squad won two games during the 2022 Season

By Emily Losiewski, Reporter

Junior varsity girls soccer is kicking off their season this spring and have already won a game. Since the recent win for the girls team, they are hopeful to get more wins with their final two games approaching. 

“I love working with the girls. They always make practice and games really fun. It’s especially fun when we get to win while working together,” senior Lauralyi Cain said.

Their first win of the season was against New Richmond.

“It was fun getting to win the game, it brought our team together even more and made the team really excited to keep competing this season,” Cain said

Sophomore Alex Lane is participating for her second year. She currently plays both defense and a midfielder.

“She’s a great addition to the team. Alex is always working really hard in practice, and it pays off during games,” Cain said

The practice all the girls are doing is helping the team get closer to those wins every time they have games. During their practices they do scrimmages which simulates playing in a real game environment. 

“Scrimmages are always fun during our practices. It’s nice being able to play JV against Varsity and helps to bring the team together,” Cain said.