Spartans take down Hudson Raiders once again

Caesar Knight

Spartans rushing to celebrate their victory in Hudson on April 18. The Spartans won 11-9 and improved to 2-1.

By Caesar Knight, Reporter

The Superior Spartans girls’ lacrosse team defeated the Hudson Raiders on April 6 for the first time ever by a score of 15-13 in Hudson. On April 18 the Spartans took on the Raiders for a second time, again with the Raiders having home-field advantage. This did not stop the Spartans from coming out with a bang. Junior Josie DeGraef scored in a matter of minutes, giving the Spartans a quick 1-0 lead over the Raiders. The two teams were playing tug of war, scoring goals back and forth all throughout the first half of the game.

Junior Ally Turchi came up huge for the Spartans at the end of the first half. With 48 seconds left, Turchi put a shot past the Raiders’ defense and found the back of the net. Within a few moments, Turchi scored another goal, tying the e 5-5 at halftime.

The Spartans did not back down in the second half. Superior was able to take a lead with the time ticking down but was only up by one in the final minutes of the game. Sophomore Anna Downs scored the last goal, sealing the game 11-9.

Girls’ lacrosse improves to 2-1 on their young season, with both wins coming over Hudson. Their one loss came against Middleton Cardinals.