FCCLA member takes gold

Jessica Kimmes

Seniors Gabby Shaul, Jazmine Wilkinson and Macy Misfeldt pose for a photo on Feb. 26 at the regional competition at Northwestern High School.

By Jessica Kimmes, Reporter

Senior Gabby Shaul received gold in Career Pathway Portfolio at the regional competition for Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. It took place Feb. 26 at Northwestern High School.

The career she explored involved Secondary Education. She had a presentation showing all of her research and her plans for the future. She conducted a self assessment that pointed her in direction with teaching and also did research in the education field.

Shaul is planning on attending the University of Wisconsin-Superior in hopes to be a high school spanish teacher. This was her second year being involved in FCCLA.

“I love what it stands for and how it involves the community,” Shaul said.

Senior Macy Misfeldt participated in Fashion Construction Design for this event and created her own prom dress. She began working at the end of December and finished on Feb. 12. During Regionals, she had a poster prepared with specific details of her project and gave a five-minute presentation to the judges. Misfeldt received silver at the competition but will not be advancing to State.

Misfeldt joined FCCLA this year and was encouraged to join by Shaul. This club competes and gives back to the community. Misfeldt has enjoyed fundraising for different organizations.

FCCLA will be active throughout the rest of the school year. Shaul was the only member to advance to state and will continue practicing until State rolls around the corner in Wisconsin Dells in April.

“I am hoping to improve my confidence, presentation and hope to get a gold at state,” Shaul said.