Contribution from Interact

Jessica Kimmes

Senior Willem McClellan and junior Claudia Androsky speaking to a potential customer in the Spartan Commons directly outside of the Spartan Shack on Feb. 15. These two Interact students were selling cocoa for funds to be donated to the Douglas County Humane Society.

By Jessica Kimmes, Reporter

Recently, the Interact club was raising funds for the Douglas County Humane Society. The club sold hot chocolate to be able to raise money for canines. One of the co-presidents, senior Jaylynn Glaus, came up with the idea and event name “Cocoa for Canines.”

The Interact club is a student run organization that is overseen by a Rotary club. There are multiple Rotary clubs within Superior and their mission is give back to the community. The Interact club is advised by Chemistry teacher, Angela Johnson.

Senior Willem McClellan, the other co-president, handed out cocoa to students and staff that donated to the cause Feb. 12-14. McClellan and his family have been involved with the local animal hospital and the humane society, which is why this event is important to him.

“Community service is very important to me,” McClellan said.

Junior Claudia Androsky was also inspired by McClellan to join Interact. Androsky wanted to help out with the hot chocolate selling because she loves dogs and volunteering in general. Androsky has two dogs of her own, Frankie and Fiona.

“Anything that is going to help someone else, I always love to volunteer to help,” Androsky said.

For the month of February, the Interact club gave back to the Douglas County Humane Society.