Look at the game through her lens, Paige Hansen photography

Paige Hansen

Spartan Boys Hockey team jumping to joy after tremendous victory over defending state champion Hudson Raiders, as Paige Hansen capture her favorite photo on Dec. 1, at Wessman Arena.

By Dayton Podvin, Reporter

Paige Hansen is a freshman photographer, who has been taking over Superior High School sports with her pictures. Covering hockey, golf, volleyball and football while also doing portraits and animal pictures for her clients and friends. She is commonly seen at Superior Spartan boys hockey games.

“I never really wanted to be a photographer. I just started taking pictures and really liked it,” Hansen said.

She was introduced to photography by her father, who brought his digital camera to one of Junior, Kobe’s Hansen hockey games. After she started testing out the camera, taking pictures of the fast-paced game on ice and found that it was “very fun,”

“I think because I have been watching my brother play hockey my whole life I have been able to predict what players are going to do and I just keep my camera on that player,” Hansen said.

Kobe Hansen is Paige’s older brother who plays for the varsity hockey team. Paige captures spectacular acton images through her lense, not just because of her talent but because she has a deep love and connection for the game of hockey.

Her favorite photograph was taken at Wessman Arena on Dec.1, against the defending State Champions, The Hudson Raiders after the Superior Spartan boys varsity defeated them. She captured a photo of the team rushing towards the net and jumping together in a dogpile after the win.

“It was a very big redemption game which meant alot to everyone. For finally beating them after a three year drought of losing. The picture highlights the players emotion in a great way,” Hansen said.

Paige posts all of her pictures with her trademark on, Facebook and Instagram. She tries not to edit the photos too much.