The Spartan Spin

A winter week of fun

Back to Article
Back to Article

A winter week of fun

Sophomore Student Council representative Mara McGillis, stands with Student Council advisor, Nikkee Francisco and sophomore Isaac Domitrovich in the Ceramics room on Dec 12. McGillis and Domitrovich along with Francisco are working on putting on Bring on the Break which will be held the week of Dec 21.

Skyler Edquist

Skyler Edquist

Skyler Edquist

By Skyler Edquist, Reporter

Winter Break is almost here. And to celebrate, Student Council, led by art teacher Nikkee Francisco and math teacher Trevor Sorensen, is putting on a week full of fun dress up days and Lunch and Learn activities.

Monday is “Relationship Status” day. This is where students who wish to participate should wear green if they are single red if they are taken, or white if it is complicated.

Tuesday is “Jersey Day”. This is where participants will wear a jersey or shirt for their favorite teams. It doesn’t matter the team or sport.,it just has to be their favorite.

Wednesday is “Holiday Character” day. This is where participants dress up as their favorite holiday character. This could be a single or group effort. There is no competition, it’s just a time for some friendly fun. It doesn’t need to be a hard project, it can be as easy as dressing in white and being a snowman.

Thursday is “Ugly Sweater” day. This is where participants wear the ugliest sweaters that they can find or make. There is no competition but is made to let students creativity show and participate in school fun.

Friday is “PJ Day”. This is where people wear their pajamas. It does not matter whether it’s short pajamas, long pajamas, or just a robe. It’s their choice as long as it’s school appropriate.

Sophomore Mara McGillis is one of the members of Student Council who is putting on this fun week.

“I am stoked about it,” McGillis said.

Lunch and Learn activities will take place in the Spartan Commons in front of the Spartan Shack.

Tuesday there will be a fun game of “Pin the Carrot on the Snowman”.

Wednesday there is a game called “Sticky Situation”

Thursday will be Solo Gift Wrapping.

And finally, Friday is the Wreath Toss.