Home Opener Results in Overtime

Brooklynn Jones

Senior Mason Ackley dunks on Eau Claire Memorial in the Superior High School gym on Tuesday Nov 27.

By Brooklynn Jones, Reporter

The Superior Spartans boys basketball team held the first home game of the season on Tuesday, Nov. 27 at Superior High School. The boys played against the Eau Claire Memorial Old Abes. The game went into a four-minute overtime but the Spartans fell short and lost the game with a final score of 91-80.

With the Spartans down 47-38 at halftime, they quickly caught up to the Old Abes and brought the score to 51-51. Two seniors tied the score by making four three-point shots. Seniors Beau Severson and Elijah Owens both scored three-point shots. Owens scored one of the four and Severson scored the remaining three.

The game was quickly heating up and the Spartans were determined to keep the score up and they succeeded. Superior took over the Old Abes 66-60. The score was eventually up 76-76. The Spartans had the advantage until three-point shots were made by Memorial.

Senior Mason Ackley was the top scorer in the game. Ackley racked up a total of 22 points against the Old Abes. Ackley also scored against Memorial with a slam dunk.

“We fought really hard all the way to the end,” Ackley said.

The Spartans will be traveling to Eau Claire North to face the Huskies on Thurs Nov 29. The game will be at 7:15 p.m.