Get to know your cafeteria staff

Brayleigh Keliin

Manager of the lunchroom staff, Cindy Frost, poses inside SHS cafeteria on Oct.22.

By Brayleigh Keliin, Reporter

Cindy Frost, manager of the lunchroom staff, has been working in Food Service for 30 years after graduating from Superior High School in 1978.

Her career within the food industry began when her children started kindergarten. She started at Blain Elementary School and received 2 ½ hour shifts before transferring to Bryant Elementary School for the opportunity to work 4 hour shifts. She worked her way up and is currently working at Superior High School.

Frost chose her career because of her love of working with kids and making sure everyone has something to eat. She loves watching children “grow and graduate.”

“It’s all about making sure no one goes hungry,” Frost said.

According to Frost, the changes in the quality of food served throughout her career have been noticeable. They started with heating up “TV dinners” before they use more government products. They shifted to canned meats later on, but SHS now goes through the Department of Defense, and puts their government funds towards buying fresh food.

Frost prefers to cook and serve food “fresh, frozen, then canned”, in that order.

“I love healthy foods, Frost said. “If I am stressed or angry, I cook.”

Aside from work, Frost has a large garden that she tends to full of flowers and vegetables. She also takes pride in Lily, her three year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and her grandson.