The Spartan Spin

Seniors get puffed up over the win against juniors

Senior Erin Walpole scores touchdown against Sophomore team in Powderpuff game on Wednesday, Oct. 3.

By Dayton Podvin, Reporter

Maddy Sislo racked up all the points for the seniors during the championship powderpuff game on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at the NBC Spartan Sports Complex.

“Growing up through the years of school we became a family. It was our last year together and I couldn’t have done it without them.” Senior, Maddy Sislo said.

Sislo had a tremendously great performance during the Powderpuff game. With the championship game being the classic duel between the seniors and the juniors.

The final score was a breaker for pride with the seniors at 13 and juniors at an uneventful 0. The seniors made their way to the championship by rolling over the sophomore team with a score of 27-0. The juniors had a tougher battle in the championship game though, they out lasted the freshman team by 13-6.

“Without McKenzie Lehto our team would have played completely different. She knows the game of football so well, and when it comes to the game of Powerpuff she’s very smart, and knows what to do in difficult situations.” said Maddie Sislo.

Lehto was the Seniors star quarterback. She was the backbone of the seniors offense.

“I was proud of my team because we only had 6 people signed up to play on Tuesday. Somehow we pulled together and created a team. We didn’t even have team t-shirts, the whole thing was super unorganized. When we played the freshman it was our first real test and we passed it. That surprised me because of how little practice we had and how thrown into it we all were. Next up were the seniors and we knew going in that we were huge underdogs.” said Niya Wilson.

Nyia, the junior who had the most rushed yards on the team, vividly showed the crowd an outstanding performance through relentless hard work.

The weather started to become a factor as the night grew. The chilly Superior night held chill rain and a strong wind from the East. These conditions tempered with players performances. But, for some it was no problem. Sislo said it was “refreshing”. Describing that it was the perfect temperature, not too hot, but not too cold.

“It was good weather” Sislo said.

Sislo had a tremendously great performance during the Powderpuff game. With the championship game being the classic duel between the seniors and the juniors. She was remarkably able racked up all the points for the seniors during the championship.

The final score was a breaker for pride with the seniors at 13 and juniors at an uneventful 0. The seniors made their way to the championship by rolling over the sophomore team with a score of 27-0. The juniors had a tougher battle in the championship game though, they outlasted the freshman team by 13-6.

“Without McKenzie Lehto, our team would have played completely different. She knows the game of football so well, and when it comes to the game of Powerpuff she’s very smart and knows what to do in difficult situations,” said Maddie Sislo.

Lehto was the Seniors star quarterback. She was the backbone of the seniors’ offense.

Nyia, the junior who had the most rushing yards on the team, vividly showed the crowd an outstanding performance through relentless hard work.

The weather started to become a factor as the night grew. The chilly Superior night held chill rain and a strong wind from the East. These conditions tempered with players performances. But, for some, it was no problem. Sislo said it was “refreshing”. Describing that it was the perfect temperature, not too hot, but not too cold.

“It was good weather,” Sislo said.