Spartan Shack Goes Virtual

Ms.+Hansen+in+the+Spartan+Shack+giving+us+a+glimpse+of+the+merchandise+this+year+on+September+25.+

Ms. Hansen in the Spartan Shack giving us a glimpse of the merchandise this year on September 25.

By Logan Hubbard and Laleh Rassa, Reporters

Learning isn’t the only thing the Superior School District is doing virtually.The Spartan Shack’s physical doors have been open since day one, but now, it’s also opened its online doors. Students, parents and teachers can now go to the spartan shack website, and have items ordered for pickup at the E16 doors. The online store is operated on a website called Clover. Once you’ve chosen your product you’ll be redirected to another website that allows you to make your purchase.

New merchandise has been ordered that was inspired by the pandemic. For example, masks, and gaiters are now available with Spartan logos. Other new items include sweaters, flannel shirts, hats and windbreakers. The pandemic has also been taken into consideration when viewing old products; Water bottles are likely to become a hot commodity due to the inability to use water fountains, and water bottles with straws are going to be a lot easier for mask wearers to drink out of than ones with lid.

And old favorites are also still available, like Spartan blankets that this year cost $60. 

The Spartan Shack will also be advertising its products to the masses on Instagram @shsspartanshack. The page is being put together and updated by Chloe Quick, who is a student in the entrepreneurship class. She enjoys forcing Jon Kaske to put on clothes to be a model for the page. The Shack is also present on Facebook @thespartanshack.

Trying to find more ways to reach the community, they started a website to establish an online presence so staff, parents and students can look at the merchandise.