The Spartan Spin

Grand March is Rolling In

Senior performer Skylar Madsen stands next to a keyboard in the music office on Monday, March 26. Madsen will perform at the Grand March before Prom on April 7.

Gunnar Gronski

Gunnar Gronski

By Gunnar Gronski, Reporter

Auditions for performing at the Grand March took place on Friday, March 23 in the cardio room. After five auditions, seniors Elise Hintzman, Jordan Suksi, and Skylar Madsen, and junior Caelyn Androsky will be the performing.

The Junior Prom Committee is holding Prom on April 7, with the Grand March at 6:00 p.m. The stage will be decorated in an enchanted forest theme, and the proceedings will begin with Jordan Suksi singing “She Will Be Loved” by Maroon 5. After, the couples will walk down the stage and the new prom royalty will be crowned. Then Elise Hintzman will sing “Gravity” by Sarah Bareilles; Skylar Madsen will sing “T Shirt” by Birdie; and Caelyn Androsky will sing “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele.

“Grand March is an opportunity for the couples to show off their formal attire. I love seeing how excited the kids get for events like these, and that’s a big reason why I do this every year” Deana Wells said.

Caelyn Androsky is especially excited to sing this year. In previous years Androsky has performed, but this will be the first time that she will perform and also attend Prom.

“I love taking the opportunity to perform in front of people I know. Performing is something that not even my closest friends get to see me do and that is why I choose to sing at Grand March,” Androsky said.

The preparation that goes behind being ready for prom is stressful for many students. Oftentimes, couples will join groups and go to dinner together, find a place to take photos, and then have a plan for activities after.

“There’s a surprising amount of factors that go into it, and coming to an agreement and places for dinner and photos is always hard. Plus, dinner and formal attire for Prom isn’t cheap,” senior Cameron Borgh said.

However, Wells believes that Grand March is important to have because of these stresses. The walk down the stage is something she deems especially important.

“It serves as a showcase for the couples. Their work behind Prom that no one else sees is presented to parents and other students in a really beautiful way,” Wells said.

Grand March is open to the community and all students are welcome to come and take pictures with the couples attending Prom.