Where in the World are the Spartan Blankets?

Photo By Stephen Gee

Head Principal Greg Posewitz poses with one possible design for this years Spartan Blanket on Wednesday in his office.

By Zachary Palmer, Reporter

From 2009 to 2016, the DECA organization had sold their Spartan Blankets to staff, students and community members. The blankets, selling a minimum of 300 each year, were the fastest selling item in The Spartan Shack. This item is not available for sale anywhere else in the twin ports community. The Spartan Shack is excited to announce their blankets will be going back on sale.

Still, the questions keep pouring in to head DECA advisors Heidi Wolbert and Christa Kalin as to when the blankets will arrive at the school.

“The Spartan Blankets are a love-hate relationship. People love buying them but we hate selling them,” Kalin said.

Community members have started calling, e-mailing and texting various school officials in regards to the status of the Spartan Blankets. The stress of this has put pressure on the two advisors to satisfy their customers’ demands.

“We are so excited to be able to offer this item again, however, we are awaiting confirmation of the exact delivery date before we notify the public. We hope it will be soon after Thanksgiving break,” Wolbert said.

The blankets, sold by Spectator Blankets based in Murray, Utah, have currently cleared US customs after being manufactured from China.

Check back for updated information as to when the blankets will go on sale.